Ship's maintenance and basics of engineering work 209910216-3004 27.01.2020-23.02.2020
Learning outcomes of the course
Knowledge, understanding and proficiency of:
- Basic metal fabrication methods, machinery constructions and installations.
- use of appropriate tools and machine tools including workshop safety.
- proper use of measurement tools in engineering.
- general knowledge of different machinery and their operation, installation and maintenance.
Metal work theory and safe practices of:
1. machining: drilling, thread cutting and tapping, turning, milling, grinding, tools and machining tools
2. sheet metal work and welding techniques: cutting and moulding of metal sheet, gas-cutting, brazing, oxyacetylene welding, arc welding, MIG/MAG-, TIG- and submerged arc welding.
3. Machine erection and assembling techniques: engine components, tools and safe work procedures
4. Measuring techniques: tolerances and gaps, measurement errors, uncertainty of measurements, measurement traceability, measurement equipment and tools, measurement practices and surface quality arrays.
5. Occupational safety and personal protective equipment