1. Ready-made course materials and recordings in Learn https://learn.xamk.fi/course/view.php?id=4764.
The examinations are scheduled. All chosen four parts have a weight of 25 % in the final course grade.
01.09.2020 - 18.12.2020
0 - 50
Open UAS and Continuing Education
Degree Programme in Energy Engineering
After completing this course, you will be able to
• list main renewable energy sources in Finland and globally
• identify the role of large-scale centralized and small-scale distributed energy production
• describe the basic principles of energy production processes using renewable sources
• analyze the energy efficiency of renewable sources
• evaluate the importance of production methods and subsidies in a national and international context.
• work up collaboratively in internet.
How are photosynthesis and carbon cycle related to renewable energy?
In which level hydro, solarpower is produced in large-scale centralized and small-scale distributed energy production?
Which machinery and devices are needed to produce heat and electricity from renewable sources and waste?
How would you compute the operating efficiency of a distant-monitored solar panel or solar collector, and how would you optimize the production?
In which way do the production subsidies affect the development of production and price in Finland and in Germany, for example?
4 h introduction lectures.
131 h self-study.
CHOICE OF FOUR ITEMS:
• Self-study 1 Solar power with an exam 30.9.2020
• Self-study 2 Wind power with an exam 28.10.2020
• Self-study 3 Bio energy with an exam 25.11.2020
• Self-study 4 Hydro power with an exam 16.12.2020
• Project 1 Animation, deadline 30.11.2020
• Project 2 Solar thermal system, deadline 30.9.2020