If you are not able to find these books, you can still participate the course and do the tasks based on material provided by the lecturer.
Kotler, P & Keller, KL (2012), Marketing Management. (14th ed.) Harlow: Pearson Education Ltd. 2009
Kotler, P., Lane Keller, K., Brady, M., Goodman, M., & Hansen, T. (2016). Marketing Management. (3rd ed.) Harlow: Pearson Education Ltd.
Kireev, V.S., Nekrasova, M.L., Shevchenko, E.V., Alpatskaya, I.E., Makushkin, S.A., & Povorina, E.V. (2016). Marketing management as the realization process of research, production, and sale activity of the enterprise. International Review of Management and Marketing, 6(6), 228-234.
Foroudi, P., Gupta, S., Nazarian, A. and Duda, M. (2017), "Digital technology and marketing management capability: achieving growth in SMEs", Qualitative Market Research, Vol. 20 No. 2, pp. 230-246.
Quelch, John A. (2017), Global Marketing Management: A Casebook. (6th ed.) Redding, CA: BVT Publishing.
The evaluation depends on:
a. Automatic assessment
b. Professional doings
c. Progressive idea
d. Ethical principles
e. Critical thinking and writing
f. Proper referencing (XAMK)
XAMK grading scale:
89 - 100 points = 5
77 - 88 points = 4
65 - 76 points = 3
53 - 64 points = 2
40 - 52 points = 1
0 - 39 points = Failed
01.10.2020 - 13.12.2020
Open UAS and Continuing Education
Degree Programme in Business Management
Part 1 (80 points):
- Individual participation
- Quizzes on the topics
- Each topic belongs to 10 points
Part 2 (20 points):
Own project (3000 words or 20 minutes YouTube video):
You can think that you are a marketing manager in a company. You are launching a new product on the market in your own country or abroad. Now you should write a personal statement or reflection to the marketing director or CEO about how you can manage the different marketing activities.
- The report should have 3000 words. You should submit the pdf file on the submission folder.
- Alternatively, you can make 20 minutes video on YouTube and put the link in the folder.
When you write or make a video, you can see the below questions.
1. What type of product and service you are planning to offer
2. Do you know the customers’ demand for that product and service in the market?
3. Did you conduct any market research to collect information about competitors?
4. How can you distribute the product to the wholesalers, retailers, and consumers
5. How can you communicate and connect with customers?
6. How can you make the company product as a brand?
Topic 1: Understanding marketing management
Topic 2: Marketing insights
Topic 3: Connecting with customers
Topic 4: Product and service offerings
Topic 5: Marketing communication
Topic 6: Marketing channels
Topic 7: Marketing implementation, control, and growth
Topic 8: Brand development
135 hours of student's work.