Ship's maintenance and basics of engineering work (workshop practice) MI00DR83-3001 19.04.2021-06.06.2021
Learning outcomes of the course
Knowledge and understanding of and proficiency in:
- basic metal fabrication methods, machinery constructions and installations
- use of appropriate tools and machine tools including workshop safety
- proper use of measurement tools in engineering
- general knowledge of different machinery and their operation, installation and maintenance
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Basics of engineering work
- machining: drilling, thread cutting and tapping, turning, milling, grinding, tools and machining tools
- sheet metal work and welding techniques: cutting and moulding of metal sheet, gas-cutting, brazing, oxyacetylene welding, arc welding, MIG/MAG-, TIG- and submerged arc welding.
- machine erection and assembling techniques: engine components, tools and safe work procedures
- measuring techniques: tolerances and gaps, measurement errors, uncertainty of measurements, measurement traceability, measurement equipment and tools, measurement practices and surface quality arrays
- occupational safety and personal protective equipment
Participation in all lessons and training sessions is obligatory.