20% Face-to-face, 80% Distance learning
1. Materials, instructions and assignments in Learn.
2. Joronen, T., Kovacs, J., Majanne, Y., Voimalaitosautomaatio. Suomen Automaatioseura ry 2007. 276 s. Kappaleet 3, 4, 6, 7, 8.
3. Bolton, W. Instrumentation and control systems, Elsevier, UK, 2004, 339 p.
Exam (60 %) and projects (40 %), with grades 0-5, both are expected to be accepted.
23.08.2021 - 17.12.2021
12.04.2021 - 25.04.2021
20 - 50
Rakennus- ja energiatekniikan koulutusyksikkö (not translated)
Vesa Kankkunen, Merja Mäkelä, Marko Saxell
Degree Programme in Energy Engineering
After completing this course, you will be able to
- identify an industrial process based on a flow chart or PI diagram
- describe basic instrumentation loops, their tags and instruments
- present basic measurement instruments and their working principles
- explain the basic principles of electrification, cabling and grounding systems
- choose and rate instruments and electric motors for different applications.
How are able to see different kinds of process machines and instruments in flow charts?
How are you able to identify measurement, control, valve and motor loops and their operation principles in PI diagrams?
How are you able to measure the temperature of a furnace, the flow and conductivity of feed water, or the level of a steam drum? How do you connect an instrument or an electric motor to a control system?
How do you choose and rate an electric motor and what kind of power supply does it need?
Exam and project integrated in one's own work.
Exam and intended training projects.
Contact and online lectures 32 h
Lab projects 14 h
Self-study 89 h