20% Face-to-face, 80% Distance learning
1. Learn materials.
2. Online lectures and recordings.
Exam (70 %) and exercises (30 %), with grades 0 - 5.
10.01.2022 - 29.04.2022
08.11.2021 - 21.11.2021
2 - 40
Rakennus- ja energiatekniikan koulutusyksikkö (not translated)
Degree Programme in Energy Engineering
After completing this course, you will be able to
* model the whole process from the kinetic energy of wind to the turnover of a production company
* list and describe main technologies, business principles, environmental aspects, energy policies and their trends related to wind power
* describe the mutual impacts of wind power and electric networks
* present technologies related to solar power.
How are you able to get electricity from wind and finally turnover?
Which are the components of a wind turbine, and how are you able to run the turbine in a safe way?
In which conditions can a wind turbine or a wind farm be connected to the national network?
How are you able to realize a solar power project of a private home or a company, and which components and permissions are needed?
Scheduled lectures and exam
A wind power project and exam
* 24 h online internet lectures
* 12 h supervised lab exercises
* 99 h self-study
RDI work is not included in the course.
Lectures in collaboration with Lappeenranta University of Technology.
Fuel cell lab projects by Stralsund University of Applied Sciences.