Knowledege, understanding and proficiency of:
- Providing for emergencies and decision making with help of risk assesment.
- Organizing and planning of emergency drills and practices.
- Basics of damaged vessel control, structures and fire safety according to SOLAS II-2.
- Assisting damaged ship,salvage and salvaging conventions, concepts of average and emergency towing.
- Basics of search and rescue.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Emergency procedures 1
- Risk assesment and management
- Check-list procedures in different cases of emergency
- Organizing and annual planning of drills and training
- Utilize reports of accindent investigations
- Ship structures and compartmentation
- Fire fighting
- SOLAS II-2 with drill
- Basics of search and rescue
- Salvage and salvaging conventions
- Emergency towing
- Average and captain's protest