Security awareness and designated security duties (A-VI/6-1, A-VI/6-2) (0 cr)
22.08.2022 - 28.08.2022
31.10.2022 - 18.12.2022
12 - 40
- Degree Programme in Marine Engineering, Ship Technology
- Perttu Juvonen
MIKT22SPMarine Engineering, full-time studies
- Turvatoimikoulutus (A-VI/6-1, A-VI/6-2) MK00DQ79-3007 / 14.11.2022 08:30 - 14:15
- Turvatoimikoulutus (A-VI/6-1, A-VI/6-2) MK00DQ79-3007 / 15.11.2022 08:30 - 13:15
Knowledge and understanding of and proficiency in:
- contribute to the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness
- understanding of the need for and methods of maintaining security awareness and vigilance
- maintain the conditions set out in a ship security plan
- recognition of security risks and threats
- undertake regular security inspections of the ship
- proper usage of security equipment and systems
- security threats in ship and port operations
- maritime security policy
- security responsibilities
- ship security assessment and plan
- security equipment and systems
- threat identification, recognition and response
- ship security actions
- emergency preparedness, drills and exercises
- security administration
Content complies with IMO model course 3.26.
Attendance at teaching and guidance sessions as specified in the schedule. Participation in lectures and completion of exercises.
Discussion with the teacher, and if necessary PSP-planning with your own mentor teacher.
Course does not include cooperation with RDI and working life.
Assessment methods and criteria
Participation in all lectures and approved completion of exercises.
Participation in all lessons and training sessions is obligatory.